The Brahma and Cochin Club of Australia
2021 - 20th Annual National Show (Cancelled due to Covid)
Venue: Mudgee Poultry Club as part of the 5th Central West Rare Breed and Varieties Show
The Show will be held on Saturday the 31st of July 2021 (Cancelled)
Note: The Show will return to Canberra at Exhibition Park as part of the Royal Canberra Poultry Show in 2022 on the Queen's Birthday Long Weekend of June
The show schedule and entry form will be emailed to club members in May/June. If you would like more information about the show please contact:
Heather Proctor - 0400 335 080 or [email protected]
Download a show schedule and entry form by clicking on the link below
Judges: Gary Phillips and Graham Finlay
Chief Steward: Bill Robinson
Show Date: 31st July 2021 (Cancelled - updated 16/07/2021)
Time: 7 am (judging starts at 9am)
Entries: Contact show secretary listed above or Mudgee club via email or phone
Entries close Friday 26th July. Please return entries as soon as possible to make life easier for the show organisers.
See show schedule and entry form available for download from the links above.
Note: For both B rahma and Cochin - within each colour class there will be the four sections; Cock, Hen, Cockerel and Pullet.
The “Premier 3” Classes
Partridge includes Gold and Blue Gold
All other Classes
Columbian AC (All other colours with a columbian pattern) includes Blue Light, Buff Columbian, Blue Buff Columbian, and White Buff Columbian. Note - the exception is the Light (Silver based Columbian) which has its own class (see Premier 3 classes above).
Self Colour AC includes, Black, Buff and Blue
Barred AC includes Barred, Cuckoo, Buff Cuckoo, Barred Light, Barred Buff Columbian, Gold Crele and Silver Crele
AOC (All other colours) includes Chamois, Salmon, Splash, Speckled, Gold Laced, Silver Laced, Blue Laced Gold and others
Self Colour Any Colour (black, Blue, White etc)
Partridge (including Blue Partridge)
AOC (All other colours)
The following awards will also be presented (one sash for each class included in the CRPS):
• Grand Champion of Show Brahma or Cochin (sash and trophy)
• Champion Standard Brahma (sash and trophy)
• Champion Bantam Brahma (sash and trophy)
• Champion Cochin (sash and trophy)
• Reserve Champion Standard Brahma (sash)
• Reserve Champion Bantam Brahma (sash)
• Reserve Champion Cochin (sash)
• Best Bantam AORC Brahma (sash)
• Best Bantam ARC Cockerel Breeding Female Brahma (sash)
• Best Bantam ARC Pullet Breeding Male Brahma (sash)
• Best Bantam Buff Columbian Brahma (sash)
• Best Bantam Dark Brahma (sash)
• Best Bantam Light Brahma (sash)
• Best Bantam Partridge Brahma (sash)
• Best Standard AORC Brahma (sash)
• Best Standard ARC Cockerel Breeding Female Brahma (sash)
• Best Standard ARC Pullet Breeding Male Brahma (sash)
• Best Standard Barred AC Brahma (sash)
• Best Standard Columbian AC Brahma (sash)
• Best Standard Dark Brahma (sash)
• Best Standard Light Brahma (sash)
• Best Standard Partridge Brahma (sash)
• Best Standard Self-coloured AC Brahma (sash)
• Best Standard AORC Cochin (sash)
• Best Standard Buff Cochin (sash)
• Cindy Pretty Breeder of the Year Award
• Lance Hicks Memorial Award
• K&C Abuid Award for Best Bantam Light Brahma
• Bryan Jon Meade Award for Best Standard Dark Brahma *new*
• Don Jones Award for Best Bantam Dark Brahma
• Rob Gollop Award for Best Standard Partridge Brahma *new*
• George Childs Award for Best Bantam Partridge Brahma
- Champion Junior
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The AGM will take place on Saturday the 31st July, 2021 at a time and venue TBA, (at showgrounds). The agenda will be emailed out to financial members in June. (Cancelled)
Note: A dinner will be held on the Saturday night after the show for members, exhibitors and those just wanting to talk chook. Contact Heather Proctor for more info.
The Show Dinner is being held at 7pm Friday 30th July at Club Mudgee.
The Brahma and Cochin Club of Australia will also have a dinner on Saturday the 31st at Club Mudgee - time TBC.
For more information email -
Heather Proctor - 0400 335 080 or [email protected] for more information.
Some exhibitors will be staying in town on Saturday night after the show and will meet for dinner - location and time to be provided soon.